What is cold sore?
Cold sore which are also known as Herpes Labiallis is a kind of infection which is caused by the herpes simplex virus nearby or around the lips. These are communicable and can be easily got transferred through personal contact and by simply having a normal touch, sharing drinks and anything.
Cold sores are fluid blisters which mainly came nearby mouth but in some cases, they can be seen on tongue, fingers or even at the nose.
COLD SORE SYMPTOMS:
Before a cold sore appears its symptoms can be easily noticed. You may some kind of burning sensation around your lips, faces several days earlier cold sores actually appears. And this is the best time to cure your cold sores.
You can also feel muscles ache, high fever before it actually appears.
And when cold sores appear a red blister full of fluid can be seen on the affected area it may be very painful but there are various medicines and home remedies which can easily help you to get rid of cold sores.
Various Stages of Cold Sores:
1. INITIAL STAGE:
In this stage, one can feel irritation and a kind of burning sensation around the lips. There can be tightness, tingling around your lip. In this stage, you can easily cure your cold sores.
2. The blister appears:
In the second stage, a fluid-filled blister appears on the lips and it will be very painful and can be easily seen by everyone.
3. Weeping of the cold sores:
In this stage, the cold sores weep off after causing a lot of pain. The blister will break within a few days of appearing.
In the stage, your hand will go to the blister by its own and is known as picking. Always avoid this because it can lead to spreading of the bacteria and due to this the blister can come again in some another place.
Causes of Cold Sores:
There are mainly two kinds of a virus which cause HSV Type 1 and HSV type 2 but the cold sores are mainly caused by HSV 1.
There are various causes of cold sores which may include:
- Using someone towel, razors and anything who are having cold sores
- Shared drinks
- Sun Exposure
- Change in the immune system
Also Read: Physical Fitness Importance
Home remedies to cure Cold sores:
Indeed there are many medicines to cure cold sore are available in the market. But one has to admit that the home remedies are best because they don’t include any kind of chemical or anything.
So, here are some of the home remedies which will help to cure the Cold sores in a natural way at home:
- Use a lip balm which has at least 1% lemon
- Use Mint or peppermint, for sure because this can cause a cooling sensation and can help to relieve the pain easily.
- One can also use licorice powder and mix it with water and petroleum jelly and can directly apply to the cold sores.
- Consume Vitamin C as much as possible because that can help to boost white cells and white cells help in fighting infection in the body.
- Consume vitamin E, because it repairs the skin cell and also helps to grow to cells in the body.
So, always consume Vitamin E as much as you can. Foods including rich vitamin E includes leafy green vegetables, whole wheat, nuts and many more.
But always remember when you’re using these home remedies apply any kind of petroleum jelly or anything with a clean cotton ball otherwise it can spread the infection in other parts of the body.
HOW TO GET RID OF COLD SORES FROM MOUTH:
- Say no to all Tabaco products and any kind of other harmful products which can harm your body especially the immune system.
- Avoid eating hot, spicy food.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Say yes to Vitamin supplements.
- Have a balanced diet and include cool things in your diet.
Cold Sore best treatments:
- Reduce your Stress Level.
- Try to avoid medicines of heavy dose.
- Have a diet fulfilled with vitamins
- Use Ice cube for a temporary relief
- Use Aloe Vera gel because of its anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties.
By using these home remedies, drinking plenty of water, reduction of stress can help you to get relief from the pain of cold sores and can also prevent their future breakouts.