Hair smoothing which is also known as a Brazilian blowout, Brazilian keratin treatment, protein treatment, keratin treatment, etc. Here, know all about Hair smoothening.
It is a temporary treatment in which you are saturated with formaldehyde solution then drying it out and after that using a hair straighter, to lock the hair in a sleek and straight position.
So, basically hair smoothing will give a sleek and sleek look, that can help you to flaunt your hair as much as you want. This is basically done to control frizziness and dullness of the hair.
There are side effects too due to all hell lot chemicals used on our hair, which we will discuss in this section below. In this article, you will come to know all about Hair smoothening.
But the question came in your mind is that What is the difference between Hair smoothing and Hair straightening?
Difference between Hair smoothening and hair straightening:
Hair smoothening and hair straightener are mostly the same procedure a little slight difference is there. If you want sleek straight hair I would suggest you go for hair straightening, and if you want to get frizz-free, smooth and shining hair, then opt for hair smoothing.
This is mainly depends on the texture of your hair also , do take suggestion from you favorite salon too .
But hair straightening is a lengthy process as compared to hair smoothing. But hair straightening can look dull after 6-7 months and hair smoothing can give one a smoothing and shinning hair more than a year if properly maintained with Hair spa and other essential requirements.
And cost wise also smoothening is also cheaper than hair straightening in almost all salon.
HOW LONG IS THE PROCESS OF HAIR SMOOTHINING?
It basically depends on the length of your hair, on their volume, etc. As of minimum time smoothening takes near about 3 to 4 hours minimum.
And if you have long hair it make take 4.5 to 6 hours. (Yes, that’s really a huge time).
PROCESS OF HAIR SMOOTHENING:
- First, your hair got washed, conditioned and blow dried.
- After that, a cream (as may be recommended by your salon or by you) is applied on your hair evenly into roots and tips. This will be kept on your hair for at least 30 minutes if you have medium length hair. This cream has chemicals makes your hair, which rebound your hair and makes them somewhat straight.
- After this, the cream washed thoroughly, and the hair straightened with a flat iron machine.
- Then your hair is ironed and straighten, a cream is applied on your hair this is basically done to lock the effects of the straightening.
- After that, your hair will be rinsed thoroughly and blow dries.
POST SMOOTHENING HAIR CARE TIPS:
- Always use Sulfate free shampoos.
- Say bye bye to your favorites shampoo, you have to use a shampoo which is recommended by your salon.
- Don’t use the oil you on hair for at least 2-3 months.
- Never comb your wet hair
- Stop using a hair drier for your hair, let them dry naturally.
- A masque once a week will help you to add shine to your hair.
These are the hair care tips one should always follow after having smoothening treatment on your hair.
The following are the advantages and disadvantages to hair smoothening:
ADVANTAGES OF HAIR SMOOTHENING:
- In keratin treatment, your hair infused with natural proteins which remove frizziness from your hair and make your hair shiny.
- Hair smoothening requires less care and maintenance as compared to hair straightening.
- Hair smoothening can be easily done at home (which will be discussed later)
DISADVANTAGES OF HAIR SMOOTHENING:
- Some chemicals to too harsh an effect too much if you have thin hair.
- These chemicals can cause headache, nausea and may cause skin irritation.
- If not maintained properly this can cause make your hair look dull and damaged.
- Can cause hair fall if not maintained properly and based on the texture of your hair.
- Can cause splits ends.
BEST SERUM TO USED AFTER HAIR SMOOTHENING:
Streak Pro Vita Serum
L’OREAL PARIS SMOOTHENING SERUM
MATRIX OPTIC CARE SMOOTHENING SERUM:
BEST HAIR SMOOTHENING CREAM IN INDIA :
L’Oreal hair cream :
This is provide you very intense shinny hair and moisturize your hair , add volume to your hair .
TRESemme Anti-frizz crème:
This creme is suitable for all hair types and protect your hair from heat damage.
This is very easy to apply and help to Reduce hair fall and splits ends.
Matrix Style smoothing cream:
This is best creme for dull, curly and frizzy hair. This add volume to your hair.
This is all about you know all about hair smoothening.
Also read: How to get glowing skin at home?